Making dumplings in the microwave is super easy and takes a few minutes.
Dumplings is a favourite in most South African homes.
Whether you serve it with chakalaka, stew, tripe, braai meat or even chicken feet, dumplings never disappoint.
If you are looking for a mouth-watering recipe that will be a hit on the dinner table, we’ve got you covered. We also provide the easiest and fastest way to make the dumplings – in the microwave.
All you need is flour, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, a microwave container and a microwave and you are good to go.
Below is the recipe and the method of making dumplings in the microwave.
Making dumplings in the microwave is super easy and takes a few minutes. Trust us when we say you will never want to cook dumplings any other way.
Posted by ThriveIN on Thursday, June 28, 2018
Four cups all-purpose flour
½ cup of sugar
10g instant yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
Litre of lukewarm water
1. In a bowl mix, the flour, sugar, salt and yeast together.
2. Add the water until a soft dough is formed.
3. Knead the dough for five minutes.
4. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise.
5. Grease the microwave container with butter.
6. Pour the dough into the container and cover with lid. (Make sure the container is properly sealed to prevent air getting in).
7. Set the microwave to medium heat and cook for six minutes.
8. Open the container to see if the dough is cooked. If not, turn the dough and cook for a further three minutes.
You can serve it with your favourite side dish or have it plain with a cup of tea.
I recently made it for my family and served it with grilled chicken and chakalaka and my husband and kids loved it.