We all love the iconic boerewors roll served at braais across the country, but perhaps it’s time to try something different, like boerewors and pasta.
This week food blogger Landi Govender is sharing her delicious recipe for an amazing pasta bake with boerewors, spinach, fresh tomatoes and gooey cheddar cheese.
“My husband says this is the best pasta he’s ever eaten, and the man’s been to Italy!” says Landi.
Here’s how you can make this tasty dish.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
500g Boerewors, cut into bite-size chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, grated
1 cup/ 250g finely chopped spinach
1 can (410g) chopped peeled tomatoes
500g pasta shells
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to instructions on packet.
- Heat up oil in a large pan, fry Boerewors over medium heat until just cooked through, remove and keep aside.
- Fry onions and garlic until transparent using the same pan.
- Add chopped spinach and tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook until spinach has wilted, about 15 minutes, season and remove saucepan from heat and add the bite-size boerewors.
- Mix in the tomato and spinach mixture into the pasta and top with grated cheese and bake in the preheated oven at 180° until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
You can find this recipe and more on The Tocka Blog.