Twix cookies that are just like the chocolate bar! They’re made with shortbread, caramel, and chocolate. What’s not to love?
Food blogger Landi Govender is sharing one of the most popular recipes on her website – tasty Twix cookies.
What’s better than a chocolate bar? A chocolate bar in cookie form!
“I’ve been extremely busy this past week whipping up delectable dishes for my entry into the Drum magazine food ambassador competition. I’ve been tasting and changing ingredients until each dish was perfect, it’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it! All that hard work called for a treat and a bit more experimenting in the kitchen to make these moreish twix cookies just like the chocolate bar but in cookie form,” she says.
Here’s how to make these delicious cookies.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour, sifted
1/4 tsp. sea salt
60g milk chocolate, melted
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 175°c. Place rack in the middle of the oven. Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add the flour and salt, and beat until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for an hour.
5. Remove from fridge and place on lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to about 1cm thickness. Cut with round cookie cutter. Transfer to prepared sheets placing 1 cm apart. Place sheets in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from refrigerator and bake, one sheet at a time, for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough until you’ve used it all.
While all the cookies cool, whisk the caramel treat to get it nice and smooth. Top cooled cookies with 1 teaspoon of caramel. Let cool.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped chocolate and vegetable oil. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until totally melted and smooth. Top cooled caramel with about 1 teaspoon melted chocolate. Let the chocolate set before serving. If you can wait that long!
Visit The Tocka Blog for more delicious recipes.
View this post on Instagram
Twix cookies. Yep, twix like the chocolate bar but in cookie form!! Crispy shortbread cookie topped with caramel and chocolate. You seriously have to try out these cookies, they're extremely moreish! Recipe link in bio or https://thetockablog.wordpress.com/2019/03/18/twix-cookies/ Whipped these up using @sasko_sa, @moirs_sa, @nestlerecipeswithlove, @ilovebakingsa.
ALSO READ: Recipe: Blueberry loaf with streusel topping