Impress your family with this easy to make soya strips recipe…
Many people can’t imagine serving their family a vegetarian meal or that they would love it, but food blogger Landi Govender shares a vegetarian dish that everyone in your family will enjoy.
These sweet chilli soya strips with saffron-infused rice not only looks good but tastes delicious as well.
“Most of my recipes are simple and absolutely delicious. This dish is no exception. With my husband observing Purtassi I decided to treat him to something I knew he’d just love!” she says.
Here’s how she made it:
1 pineapple, hollowed out (keep pineapple flesh)
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pack Frys chunky soya strips
60ml sweet chilli sauce (I used Mrs. Balls)
1 cup of rice
2 pinches of saffron
1. Pour 1/4 cup of boiling water into a bowl with the saffron and allow to infuse.
2. Prepare your rice for steaming, adding the saffron mixture and allow to steam until cooked.
3. Hollow out pineapple if you haven’t already. (Video on how to on my Instagram)
4. Heat up the butter and fry soya strips until fully cooked, remove from pan.
5. Fry pineapple cubes for 5 minutes.
6. Add in the soya strips and stir in sweet chilli sauce.
7. Allow to cook for a few minutes, you’ll notice the mixture gets nice and sticky.
8. Prepare your hollowed out pineapple, spoon in rice and sweet chilli mixture and serve immediately.
Follow The Tocka Blog for more recipes.