Need more reason to pop open that bottle of red? Check out these incredible benefits of red wine.
What’s a weekend without a glass of red wine, right?!
Red wine is not only enjoyable, but did you know that it has many great benefits besides just tasting great – and I mean really amazing benefits!
But before you get too excited, you have to remember that you have to drink in moderation, otherwise it can do you more harm than good.
Let’s move on to what these amazing benefits are…
– The antioxidants in red wine, polyphenols, help keep your heart healthy and can lower your chances of suffering from heart disease.
– A report by Harvard Men’s Health Watch states that drinking red wine can protect men from prostate cancer, while research by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center found that red wine prevents breast cancer in women.
– Red wine also lowers cholesterol.
– Unlike other alcoholic beverages like beer, red wine helps prevent liver disease.
– Red wine can keep your mind sharp due to the beneficial compound found in it called Resveratrol.
Again, red wine should be consumed in moderation for any of the above to work. Please also remember to drink responsibly and never drink and drive.