Barbra Streisand’s instant coffee ice-cream recipe is the gift that keeps on giving.
Barbra Streisand is known for her amazing vocals and her Academy Award-winning movies. But the talented star is also known for something else, her epic instant coffee ice-cream recipe.
The recipe has been around for over 50 years, and remains a favourite.
If you haven’t tried out Barbra’s delicious instant coffee ice-cream, then now is the time to do it.
There are just a few weeks of summer left, and the sun is still shining brightly.
Cool yourself down with this recipe. You won’t regret it!
The recipe is super easy to make, and requires just five ingredients.
What you will need:
1 cup milk
1 rounded teaspoon instant coffee (you can use two if you like a stronger flavour)
1 cup double cream, chilled
pinch salt (optional)
How to make it
1. Turn refrigerator to the coldest point/setting.
2. Pour milk into a saucepan, heat, and then the marshmallows – a few at a time.
3. Stir the mixture until the marshmallows have have dissolved.
4. Add the instant coffee, and pinch of salt. Stir.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
5. Whip the cream, and then fold into the cooled marshmallow mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a freezing tray and freeze until firm.
* To prevent crystals from forming, you can mix the ice-cream once when it is almost firm.
Barbra apparently enjoys eating her instant coffee ice-cream with pretzels.